25 December, 2010

December 24 Christmas Eve Song of the Day
The Friendly Beasts from Ding! Dong! Songs for Christmas Volume III

I always go to church with my family on Christmas Eve. Because it's a special occasion, there is no children's church and everyone sits together in the sanctuary. Every year for as long as I can remember, our pastor comments on how nice it is to have all of the children at the service. He then proceeds to talk about the animals in the stable and ask the kids to make the noises of the barnyard animals...
Pastor Ray: I want you all to give me your best sheep sound
Children: Baaaa
Pastor Ray: You guys are not baaaad. Now let's hear your best cow sound
Children: Moooo
Pastor Ray: I think there might have been some donkeys too... (etc.)
I think you get the idea. Well, every time I hear this adorable Christmas song, I think of Christmas Eve with Pastor Ray. You can listen to it here. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Christmas Eve!!

With Love, from San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment