19 November, 2010

Monday nights are our team’s “family night.” This week, we went to the Atlanta Underground for a scavenger hunt! Maureen and I were partners and went around the mall, searching for silly things like crazy sunglasses, giant baseballs, things you would wear to prom, or something to take on a safari. It was so much fun!

This week at work, we’ve been preparing for Thanksgiving. UPS is donating a bunch of food for us to give to our clients and their families, so they can have a full Thanksgiving meal. We will be separating the food into different boxes and delivering them to clients. My job has been to decorate the boxes. So, along with a little help from my roommates, I made 36 holiday wreaths that say, “Enter With a Thankful Heart.” Colyn and I then wrapped the boxes in brown paper and attached the wreaths, so they are all ready when UPS delivers the food. It was a nice change to be able to do crafts instead of paperwork!

Now I am enjoying my Sabbath at SIP, an adorable little coffee shop near Lindbergh Center with good music, free Internet and delicious coffee. I hope you are enjoying your Friday as much as I am!

From Atlanta, with Love


Family Night! Maureen wearing crazy glasses

Giant Baseballs

GJP's Thanksgiving Boxes

Colyn and I with our pyramid of Thanksgiving boxes


SIP, where I'm spending my afternoon

3 comments:

  1. Lauren your boxes came out so cute. I'm sure the people who receive them will love what you have done for them. Have a Happy Thanksgiving
    Love Aunt Paula
    not sure how to post this--

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks so cute! love you nessy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIANT BASEBALLS!! Those are so great :)

    Sounds like a wonderful day love, & what a cute coffee shop to spend your afternoon at, I love it! Can't wait to talk again, miss you!

    ReplyDelete