02 September, 2010

I leave for Atlanta tomorrow. I was thinking to myself, I should write a post about my thoughts and emotions regarding the adventure on which I am about to embark. But honestly, I don’t really have any. Now, I don’t want you to start thinking I am apathetic or indifferent, because I am neither of those! I am eager to see what the Lord has in store for me! However, I am not particularly anxious about tomorrow. Perhaps I am in shock and it hasn’t really hit me that I will soon partake in a new lifestyle in a new city. Or perhaps I have just gotten used to moving and beginning new adventures. Perhaps I have nothing to be incredibly nervous or uncontrollably excited about because I simply don’t know what to expect. I’m just not sure.

What I am sure about is God’s word, which never changes. In Proverbs, He called on me to “speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” I heard God’s call in my life and I am ready to go, regardless of my thoughts and emotions, or lack thereof. And God promises, “happy are those who execute justice for the oppressed, who give food to the hungry.” I hope to achieve justice for the oppressed and satiation for the hungry, and will rest in the peace that God has given me as I prepare for the task He has set before me.

I’m not sure when I will have Internet again, but hope to update you as soon as possible! Until then, here's a short little film I made of my roadtrip! Sorry it's so small -- you can barely readwhat any of the signs say! Regardless, I hope you enjoy it!

From Savannah, with love!


1 comment: